InfoVista: Can the VistaNEO Solution Advance Mobile Network Experience Optimization?
March 30, 2015 Leave a comment
- InfoVista introduced its VistaNEO solution that targets growing operator demand to use geo-analysis of subscriber and network experience to advance QoS management and actionable insight.
- InfoVista can improve the VistaNEO proposition by forming alliances with geo-location specialists, such as Polaris Wireless, to improve device location inputs and address policy control interworking concerns.
At Mobile World Congress 2015, InfoVista introduced its VistaNEO solution designed to extend geo-analytics of subscriber and network experience to improve operator management of network and service quality at the subscriber level. The solution targets the RAN engineering, optimization, and troubleshooting teams of operators with the goal of reducing customer churn and defending existing revenue streams. VistaNEO automates the collection and post-processing of subscriber-centered call detail records to aid operator analysis of QoS over temporal and spatial dimensions.
InfoVista must contend with a host of alternative mobile network experience optimization solutions in its pursuit to convince operators to adopt its VistaNEO solution. How can InfoVista differentiate the VistaNEO proposition?
- Subscriber Geo-Analytics: The InfoVista emphasis on the solution’s geo-analytics capabilities meets burgeoning operator demand to identify areas with performance degradation in order to isolate sources of problematic QoS. This optimization approach relies on generating a subscriber point of view, enabling InfoVista to differentiate VistaNEO from optimization solutions that depend heavily on network or service statistical analysis, but lack sufficient subscriber data inputs.
- Interactive Optimization: The VistaNEO solution uses interactive properties designed to enable mobile operators to view holistic network performance or drill down into specific data. The viewing flexibility gives RAN engineers more range to examine abnormal network patterns including single-instance network degradation events. This reinforces InfoVista’s solution differentiation in using geo-analytics to improve service based on specific geographic requirements.
As InfoVista targets mobile operators with its VistaNEO solution, what channel barriers must the company overcome to drive adoption of its geo-analytics driven approach to mobile network optimization?
- Device Analytics: The InfoVista VistaNEO solution focuses on using subscriber geo-analysis to improve mobile network optimization, although device-based degradation could usurp optimization consistency. Thus, InfoVista could improve its geo-analytics proposition by enlisting a geo-location specialist such as Polaris Wireless as a partner. The Polaris Wireless OmniLocate platform is designed for reliably locating mobile devices within 50 meters, especially in high-density urban and indoor environments. Without pursuit of accurate device geo-analytical inputs, InfoVista risks generating sub-optimal VistaNEO-driven outcomes.
- Policy Control: InfoVista needs to address how its VistaNEO solution works with operator policy control solutions. In some mobile networks, sub-optimal network performance can originate from operator policies, such as locked-in time intervals for ads, and not network or device factors. InfoVista must show the VistaNEO solution can interwork with operator policy control platforms or risk producing optimization recommendations that could clash with policy-defined marketing and business priorities.
With the VistaNEO solution, InfoVista improves its prospects of driving operator mobile network experience implementations, especially with the differentiated geo-analytics tools. However, InfoVista stands to boost its channel prospects by securing the most accurate device location inputs and clarifying the solution’s interworking with policy control platforms.