Summary Bullets:• Comarch used its recent Comarch User Group event to tout the location-detection and customer loyalty benefits of its Comarch Beacon technology.
• Comarch can improve the channel prospects of its Comarch Beacon solution by enlisting and touting operator and iOS/Android developer support.
Comarch provided an update on its Comarch Beacon solution at its recent Comarch User Group event. The Comarch Beacon is designed to enable businesses to have personalized communications with customers within close proximity to the business location. The technology is supported by proximity-detection technology which supports two-way communications, including location-detection challenging indoor locations. The solution is compatible with iOS and Android devices.
Since the Comarch Beacon product must contend with a vast array of overlapping and alternative IoT sensor solutions, how does Comarch plan to promote the solution?:
• Beacon Use Cases: Comarch sees its beacon technology having the most impact in the retailer segment. For example, within mall environments the beacon can pinpoint customer preferences upon their entrance at a store location to store management. This capability would apply to loyalty program and other opt-in participants. Likewise smart device users can access incentive programs and other useful data. These capabilities can appeal to operators keen on using location-based apps to improve their service packages as well as improve customer loyalty through retail partner programs that pool and share loyalty rewards and incentives.
• Indoor Detection: Unlike GPS technology the Comarch Beacon solution uses proximity detection technology that work within indoor environments such as shopping malls and resorts. The lack of indoor location detection has proven in a barrier in advancing adoption of location detection technologies for smart device applications and services. Comarch avoids obliging customers to cut their teeth on inconsistent and unproven location-detection technologies.
As Comarch develops and markets the Comarch Beacon solution, what are the key concerns and barriers the company needs to address to boost its market acceptance?:
• OSS/BSS Integration: Comarch may have missed an early sales and marketing opportunity to enlist operators to boost retail adoption of the Comarch Beacon solution, putting more focus on the retailers themselves. Since the Comarch Beacon technology requires compatibility with iOS and Android devices, operators have both the incentives and means to encourage retail/customer adoption of the technology. Moreover, as an OSS/BSS supplier Comarch can drive operator integration of IoT communications, such as beacons, within their evolving OSS/BSS implementations.
• iOS and Android Developer Influence: The Comarch Beacon technology relies on compatibility with iOS and Android smart devices. As a result, Comarch may need to prove it can influence the iOS and Android developer communities to support its beacon technology among a wide array of IoT beacon/sensor alternatives. Without such developer support, Comarch risks its Comarch Beacon technology becoming a pedestrian location detection app that underwhelms consumers and customers.
Overall Comarch can improve the channel prospects of its Comarch Beacon technology by proactively engaging and enlisting operators to use the solution to improve their own service packages and retailer relations. Furthermore, Comarch needs to show it can motivate iOS and Android developers to devote resources in the direction of Comarch Beacon to prove it can drive improving customer loyalty among retailer brands.